The attorneys in Fox Rothschild’s Franchising, Licensing & Distribution practice are excited to welcome Craig R. Tractenberg as he joins Fox’s franchise practice in our Philadelphia and New York offices. Craig is the former head of the franchise practice at Nixon Peabody and also enjoys a terrific reputation as an international litigator.
All of our clients will benefit from the remarkable depth of experience that Craig brings to the table, and all of us — Craig’s new colleagues here at Fox and clients alike — will surely benefit as well from his strategic thinking and sage counsel.
Here’s a condensed version of Craig’s very impressive bio:
- Craig is a skilled international litigator who focuses on complex business disputes involving franchises, intellectual property, licenses, business torts and insolvency issues. He has represented individuals, companies and governments in litigation before state and federal courts and in international arbitration forums such as AAA, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
- His practice centers on developing and protecting the financial and brand equity of franchise companies, real estate projects and energy projects. For franchise companies, he regularly structures new franchise programs, many of which are international. He also defends and enforces franchise agreements.
- Craig has prosecuted or defended fraud, defamation and unfair competition cases and also enforces and defended trade secrets and restrictive covenants in state and federal courts.
- In international work, Craig successfully defended the Republic of Turkey against an investor claim before the International Centre for Resolution of Investor Disputes in Paris. This followed the successful defense of the Republic of Turkey before the International Chamber of Commerce Court of Arbitration in Geneva. He also successfully represented a claimant U.S. company in an intellectual property licensor’s claim brought against a Brazilian licensee before the ICDR.
- Accolades from clients and colleagues have placed Craig on many of the most important lists of leading lawyers. For nine consecutive years, he has been included in a list of “The Best Lawyers in America” for Franchise Law in New York. He has been recognized as a “Legal Eagle” every year since 2005 by Franchise Times. In the preeminent lawyer rankings by Chambers USA, he was named as one of the leading Franchise attorneys in New York. He is also listed in the International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers and in “Super Lawyers.”