There’s a big insurance company that uses the tag line: Life Comes at You Fast. I sure feel that life is coming at me very fast in this Brave New World of COVID-19. Congress seems to agree, as it worked in record time to enact the $2 Trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security or CARES Act. We provided a quick overview of the immense new law on Friday.
The Act provides financial support for small businesses and targeted sectors of the economy, along with direct cash payments to many Americans and enhanced resources for medical support.
- Understanding the CARES Act: The $2.2 Trillion Stimulus Package
- CARES Act: A Comparison of SBA Loan Programs for Small Businesses
A really excellent chart comparing the differences in, and advantages and disadvantages of, the new SBA loan programs can be found here.
Fox Rothschild has assembled a multidisciplinary team of attorneys to guide clients in securing the assistance made available through this massive new law. Our extensive knowledge of corporate financing and lending, and specific experience in advising on Small Business Administration loans, enable us to direct clients to the smartest, most strategic options.
- CARES Act Provides Relief With Respect to Taxpayers’ Retirement Assets
- Financial Bailout Options for Businesses Impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- CARES Act Paycheck Protection Loan Eligibility Explained
- SBA Includes COVID-19 in Economic Injury Disaster Loans
Visit our Coronavirus Resources page for links to free webinars, articles and charts with practical guidance for leaders of companies of all sizes. Fox attorneys are closely tracking legal and regulatory developments to help clients solve their COVID-19 challenges. As soon as we have our franchise-specific analysis complete, we will have that posted here as well.